Monday, March 31, 2008

My first day in Australia

My first day in Australia was both a happy and a strange experience. I arrived on a very cold day and rainy in September 2007, I was really excited to see my uncle. He left China five years before me and I was received as an honoured visitor.

My uncle took me to their home in Kogarah, which was quite a short drive from the International airport in Sydney, by the time we reached there I was very tired but I was too excited to sleep. He talked about many things that had happened since their family left China. They also talked about their life in Australia and how things were different from China.

Although I was delighted to see my uncle and his family, I realised my life would never be the same again. I was in a new country where everything would be different. I took a deep breath and hoped my new life in Australia would be a happy and fulfilling one for me.